Linear Electro-Magnetic Actuators
What is an LHDC Linear Actuator?
- Motor producing force in one direction
- Friction-free non-contacting action
- Hysteresis-free bi-directional force
- Force is proportional to current
- Single phase coils, commutation not needed
- Base on "voice coil" principal
Moving Coil or Moving Magnet?
- Most LHDC actuators work either way
- Move coil for low moving mass
- Move magnet for better heat transfer
Why Use LHDC Linear Actuators?
- Precision positioning to <0.1 nanometer
- Force efficient: force/mass ration to 100 NT/kg
- Power efficient: motor constants to 20 NT/rootW
- Fast time constants, no metal in coil
Size, Travel, and Clearance are User-Definable
- Optimize for your application
- Travel from 0.1 to 400 mm
- Clearance from 0.1 to 25 mm
- Force up to 200 newtons
- 4 week delivery in most cases
Three Types to Select From